Here is the best thing that came out of week 2 of my New Year, New Me 6 week plan. I thought of waiting till the 4th of July to share it with y’all but that just feels like light years away! It’s a recipe I have dubbed Freedom Fruit Salad for it’s gorgeous red, white and blue colors. It’s not just beautiful, healthy, raw, organic, vegan but also out-of-this-world delicious and so easy to make. It’s the perfect healthy raw breakfast recipe, healthy snack or even main meal if you make a large portion of it. Here were the ingredients to this recipe that literally had me dancing in the kitchen as I devoured it. All ingredients are fresh, not frozen.
- 1 large organic banana, sliced
- 1 cup of organic strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup of organic blueberries
- The freshly hand-squeezed juice of 1 orange or clementine
- 1 tbsp or organic unsweetened dehydrated coconut *optional
- 1 tbsp of organic raw shelled hemp seeds *optional
I don’t need to give directions, do I? (Throw everything in a bowl and stir!) It’s the easiest, tastiest and most original breakfast recipe I have made in a while. I was in and out of the kitchen in 5 minutes. The last two ingredients are optional but really add a wonderful dimension to this recipe. If you don’t have them, the recipe is just as tasty but feel free to get creative with what you have in your kitchen.