Dear Amelia of Frolics & Fitness,
You Rock! Thanks for the nomination and passing on the fun courtesy of the Liebster Blog Award. I appreciate it.
So, the Liebster Blog Award is actually not an award, but rather a good way to build community, connect with other bloggers and generate attention for newer bloggers. Here are the rules:
▪ Acknowledge the nominating blogger
▪ Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
▪ 11 random facts about yourself
▪ List some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love!
▪ Let all of the bloggers know you have nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
▪ Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer
What made you start blogging? I love juicing and found myself having fun creating lots of recipes in my kitchen. I decided to start a blog to share my recipes with the world and selfishly use my own blog as a reference/catalog of all my creations. It is hands down one of the most fun and exciting things I have done. One of my favorite hobbies for sure!
If you had a superpower, what would it be? To make fruits and vegetables free and available for all. I know it’s corny but I’d love to be Ms. Freggie (fruit+veggie) Claus and somehow shove bags filled with a variety of fruits and veggies down all ‘chimneys’ every night in every home.
Name one thing you miss about being a kid? Not having any bills 😦
Who is the funniest person you know (of), and why? Me! I crack myself up all the time. I’m clumsy, I dance alone (a lot)…like, seriously boogie, I can remember an old joke very easily and laugh endlessly. I mean, no one can entertain me like I can.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I live there already. I only want to live where my family is, many of my immediate family members anyway, as most of my extended family is back in Kenya. Home is where my heart is and my heart is my family for sure.
What is your main goal for 2014? To get fabulously healthier one fruit and veggie at a time.
Who is your favorite fictional character? Nancy Drew. She rocks. Point. Blank. Period.
How do you nurture your creative side? Read. Dance. Juice. Sing. Workout. Pray. Clean. Blog. Walk. Meditate.
What was the last book you read? 80/10/10 by Douglas Graham. Great read! The current reads are Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and Becoming Raw by Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina.
What do you do to unwind? I clean and I juice. I know, the juicing thing is cliche but nothing makes me happier than sipping something green in a spotlessly clean house.
11 Random Facts About Me
- My initials are A.A. and I think it’s pretty cool
- I used to have a ginormous Afro for a few years
- I LOOOOOOOVE Fruits & Vegetables
- I was born and raised in Kenya but moved to the US as a teenager with my family.
- I am pretty obsessive about cleaning, organizing and de-cluttering.
- I have a terrible habit of biting the skin around my nails, gross… right?
- I have a really good memory of sequences of numbers and/or letters.
- Talking about myself (especially trying to come up with not 1 but 11 random facts about ME) makes me really uncomfortable, feels egotistical somehow.
- My favorite season is Autumn and I love that word… Autumn.
- I have one sibling, a younger brother, and he lives a million miles away (in Kenya) and it makes me sad.
- I used to be very diligent about making a list of 5 things I’m grateful for every morning and it’s the best habit I had 🙂 Starting it back up again today and it feels great.
Blogs I Nominate
- Freedom Food Journal
- Gianna’s Kitchen
- Eat to Inspire
- I Heart Beets
- Baby Steps to Better Me
- Leafy Beans
11 Questions for the Nominees
- What was the last meal you had?
- What are 2 or 3 your favorite non-fiction health/wellness books?
- What is a post on your blog that you are really proud of?
- Who/What inspires you most on your ‘healthy living’ journey?
- What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
- Name your top 5 favorite fruits and/or vegetables?
- Where do you feel the most relaxed/still/at ease?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What is the most funny/silly/embarrassing thing you’ve said or done?
- What is your favorite workout/physical activity/exercise routine?
- What is your main ‘healthy living’ goal for 2014?
So I can’t leave without sharing a new pic to an old green juice recipe that is definitely one of my favorites. This was 48oz of pure love and deliciousness, is that a word? Deliciousness…
and I made this too… the oh so simple ABC juice recipe.
~Gotta LOVE Juicing!~
I really enjoyed reading your answers, thanks for participating =)
I am excited to check out your nominated bloggers as well.
Hi Anne, I want to thank you for nominating me for this award 😀 Thank you so much it really means a lot to me! I love your blog, your juices always look so vibrant and delicious! Thanks again, Olivia xxx
You are more than welcome 🙂