Here is a look at just 5 of the many incredible benefits of juicing.
- The Standard American Diet (or any diet that is full of highly processed foods) is deficient in nutrients necessary for optimal health and filled with toxins that contribute to the chronic degenerative diseases many suffer from. Juices are a great way to provide an abundance of nutrients. They are full of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants that are sure to help the body heal from the inside out. Fresh juices are an easy way to consume nutrients found in a large amount of produce. They are in no way though, a substitute for eating fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Juices are energizing! Fresh, raw juices have living energy and are assimilated into the body very quickly. It is extremely important to drink juices immediately after they have been prepared in order to get the most benefits. Juices begin to oxidize and lose their nutritive power the longer they are stored.
- For anyone concerned about calories, juices have few calories, a high amount of nutrients and are very filling. They are a great addition to any weight-loss plan.
- Juicing an array of fruits and vegetables provides your body with an immense number of nutrients which boost immunity such as vitamins A, B, C & E as well as carotenoids, manganese and selenium.
- Juices, mostly those of leafy greens, are highly alkaline and help counteract the acidic state found in those who consume a mostly Standard American Diet. An optimal pH for the body is extremely important for all metabolic processes. Check out this detailed article by Dr. Robert and Shelley Young to find out exactly why consuming mostly alkaline foods is necessary. They also have an acid-alkaline food chart which makes a great guide for anyone.
I can attest to having experienced all these benefits since I began juicing exactly four years ago. If you think you’re ready to start juicing and improve your health, the next step is choosing a juicer. Read this to figure out the best type of juicer that will fit your needs and budget. Lastly, here is one of many free juice recipes on this site to get you started.
What benefits have you experienced from juicing?